BlackRock recognizes the importance of protecting your personal and financial information when you visit our websites (each a “Website” and together “Websites”). This Policy is designed to help you understand the information collection practices on all Websites owned or operated by or on behalf of companies within the BlackRock group of companies, including (but not limited to) blackrock.com and ishares.com, together with their local variations (for example, blackrock.co.uk).
We are committed to:
- protecting the personal information you provide to us;
- telling you how we use the information we gather about you; and
- ensuring that you know why we intend to disclose your personal information.
Information Collection and Use
Personally Identifiable Information
Additionally, if you are accessing parts of this Website that are password protected, then once you submit your password and enter, this Website will recognize who you are and collect all information that you submit, including all electronic information (including all transaction information). In the password protected section of our Website or if you are a visitor who has entered the Website via a click through link in an email which we have sent you, this Website will collect information about you, including information about the pages you visit, the documents you download and other information which can help us personalize our future interaction with you. Any information collected about you from this Website may be associated with other identifying information that we have about you.
We generally record certain usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Websites. This information may include the websites that you access immediately before and after your visit to our Websites, the Internet browser you are using and your IP address. If we use such data at all it will be on an aggregate basis, and we will not disclose to third parties any information that could be used to identify you personally.
We may use internal service providers to operate our Websites and employ other persons to perform work on our behalf, such as sending postal mail and e-mail. These persons may have access to the personally identifiable information you submit through the Websites, but only for the purpose of performing their duties. These personnel may not use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws
We do not automatically collect personally identifiable information from visitors to our Websites, except to the extent we are required to do so pursuant to some statute or regulation applicable to us. We will not provide any personally identifiable information to any other persons, except if we are required to make disclosures by any law, any government or private parties in connection with a lawsuit, subpoena, investigation or similar proceeding.
E-mail and Marketing
BlackRock does not sell its customers' e-mail addresses, nor will we provide your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. BlackRock will not send you e-mail messages without first receiving your permission, unless it relates to servicing your account or unless you have consented to receiving electronic delivery of fund documents as part of our E-Delivery service. It is our policy to include instructions for unsubscribing from these permission-based programs. We recommend that you do not send us any individual personal information via non secure methods of correspondence, including via public electronic communication channels, such as Internet e-mail, which are generally not secure.
Disclosure to Third Parties
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s memory and hard drive when you visit certain web pages. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
- Analytical purposes: Analytical cookies allow us to recognise, measure and track visitors to our Websites and compile a record of this usage information. This helps us to improve and develop the way our Websites work, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of websites that are of the most interest to them.
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our Websites are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our Websites then ‘remember’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our sites to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where transactions or requests within an application involve multiple workflow stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall transaction or request.
- Advertising: Advertising cookies allow us (or third parties) to monitor the profiles of users of our Websites (for example, by linking individual users with their publically-available LinkedIn profiles) and to ensure that products and services highlighted to those individuals are targeted in a focused and relevant manner. We also monitor whether the adverts displayed on our Websites are of interest to users and retain this information to ensure that adverts seen by users of our Websites over a period of time are appropriate.
Your cookie preferences
To make full use of BlackRock’s Websites, your compute or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as our sites will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalised features on our Websites.
Local Flash Storage
On certain of our Websites, we include content designed for display using Adobe Flash Player, such as animations, videos and tools. Local flash storage (often referred to as “Flash cookies”) can be used to help improve your experience as a user. Flash storage is retained on your device in much the same way as standard cookies, but is managed directly by your Flash software.
If you wish to disable or delete information stored locally in Flash, please see the documentation for your Flash software, located at www.adobe.com. Please note that, if you disable Flash cookies, some site functionality may not work.
Third party cookies
Amending cookie preferences
The site www.allaboutcookies.org includes instructions for managing cookies on many commonly used browses, or you may consult the vendor documentation for your specific software.
Further information about cookies
If you would like to find out more about cookies in general and how to manage them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Third Party Websites
BlackRock protects your personal information when you transact business on our Website by requiring the use of a browser software program that supports industry standard SSL encryption with 128-bit key lengths. The "128-bit" designation refers to the length of the key used to encrypt the data being transmitted, with a longer key representing a higher level of security.
This Site may contain information, including P3P privacy policies ("Privacy Preference Information"), intended to work with your selected privacy preferences. While we have tried to make such Privacy Preference Information included within this Site conform to this full-text Online Privacy Statement, this Online Privacy Statement is the definitive statement of privacy policies and practices for this Site.
You can also contact us by mail at:
BlackRock, Attention: Investor Services
12 Throgmorton Avenue
If you have are an iShares investor, please contact us by email at feedback@iShares.com or by phone at +44 (0) 20 7668 8007.
You can also contact us by mail at:
iShares Business Development
12 Throgmorton Avenue
BlackRock is a trademark of BlackRock, Inc. and the BlackRock logo is a service mark of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.