BlackRock (“We/BlackRock”) recognizes the importance of protecting your personal and financial information when you visit our websites (each a “Website” and together “Websites”). This Policy including the Cookies Policy is designed to help you understand the information collection practices on all Websites owned or operated by or on behalf of companies within the BlackRock group of companies, including (but not limited to) blackrock.com and ishares.com, together with their local variations (for example, blackrock.co.uk; blackrock.com/de etc). Information collected on our Websites is collected by BlackRock Investment Management UK Limited. Contact information is included in this Policy and on the Website.
We are committed to:
(a) protecting the personal data you provide to us;
(b) telling you how we use the information we gather about you; and
(c) ensuring that you know the circumstances under which we may disclose your personal data.
This Policy covers the privacy and data protection policies on our website, and should be read in conjunction with any other applicable policies, terms, and conditions in place between you and BlackRock.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is dated 1 July 2016.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or our privacy related practices, please contact us:
- through your usual contact or at any of our [offices];
- by email at email@example.com; or feedback@iShares.com
- by phone at (BlackRock) +44 (0) 800 445 522 (iShares) +44 (0) 20 7668 8007
- by post: Global Privacy Officer, BlackRock, 12 Throgmorton Avenue, London, EC2N 2DL
Data Protection and Privacy
Information Collection and Use
Additionally, if you are accessing parts of this Website that are password protected, then once you submit your password and enter, this Website will recognize who you are and collect all information that you submit, including all electronic information (including all transaction information).
In the password protected section of our Website, or if you are a visitor who has entered the Website via a click through link in an email which we have sent you, information about you, including information about the pages you visit, the documents you download and other information which can help us personalize our future interaction with you may be collected. Any information collected about you from this Website may be associated with other identifying information that we have about you.
You may contact us to:-
- request that we amend, rectify, delete or update the personal data we hold about you;
- where possible (e.g., in relation to marketing) amend or update your choices around processing;
- request a copy of personal data held by us.
Where you would like to receive a copy of all personal data held, such request should be in writing (email or post), addressed to our Global Privacy Officer at our London Office and should contain as much information as possible to facilitate our dealing with this request.
We generally record certain usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Websites. This information may include the websites that you access immediately before and after your visit to our Websites, the Internet browser you are using and your IP address. If we use such data at all it will be on an aggregate basis, and we will not disclose to third parties any information that could be used to identify you personally.
Sharing your information with other BlackRock companies and Service Providers
Your personal data may be collected and processed for the purposes above:
(i) By any of the companies within the BlackRock group; or
(ii) By a third party service provider engaged by us for these purposes;
BlackRock companies and service providers we engage may be based in countries outside of the European Union / EEA in countries having different standards of protection for personal data. Recipients will be required by us to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Compliance with Laws
Your personal data will be held and processed by us in accordance with applicable data protection law.
We will not provide any personal data to any other persons, except if we are required to make disclosures by any law, any government or private parties in connection with a lawsuit, subpoena, investigation or similar proceeding.
E-mail and Marketing
BlackRock does not sell its customers' personal data, nor will we provide your personal data to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. BlackRock will not send you e-mail messages without first receiving your permission, unless it relates to servicing your account or unless you have consented to receiving electronic delivery of fund documents as part of our E-Delivery service. It is our policy to include instructions for unsubscribing from these permission-based programs.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Third Party Websites
We recommend that you do not send us any personal data via non secure methods of correspondence, including via public electronic communication channels, such as Internet e-mail, which are generally not secure.
BlackRock protects your personal data when you transact business on our Website by requiring the use of a browser software program that supports industry standard SSL encryption with 128-bit key lengths. The "128-bit" designation refers to the length of the key used to encrypt the data being transmitted, with a longer key representing a higher level of security.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s memory and hard drive, in your mobile device or tablet when you visit certain web pages. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website, or other third parties which receive data obtained from that website.
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalised web experience.
• Analytical purposes: Analytical cookies allow us to recognise, measure and track visitors to our Websites and compile a record of this usage information. This helps us to improve and develop the way our Websites work, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of websites that are of the most interest to them.
• Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our Websites are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our Websites then ‘remember’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our sites to the individual user.
• Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where transactions or requests within an application involve multiple workflow stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall transaction or request.
• Advertising: Advertising cookies allow us (or third parties) to monitor the behaviour of users of our Websites. This information is used to ensure that products and services highlighted to those individuals are targeted in a focused and relevant manner – e.g. through advertisements on BlackRock websites or through advertisements on third party websites (e.g. Bloomberg, Agefi.com Handlesblatt.de, etc) which are based on your experience with our Websites; or to monitor the effectiveness of those digital marketing campaigns. We also monitor whether the adverts displayed on our Websites are of interest to users and retain this information to ensure that adverts seen by users of our Websites over a period of time are appropriate.
Your cookie preferences
Cookies are necessary in order for you to be able to make full use of BlackRock’s Websites. In addition, cookies help us provide you with personalised features on our Websites. If you chose to disable cookies, some of BlackRock’s Website’s functionality might be impaired.
Local Flash Storage
On certain of our Websites, we include content designed for display using Adobe Flash Player, such as animations, videos and tools. Local flash storage (often referred to as “Flash cookies”) can be used to help improve your experience as a user. Flash storage is retained on your device in much the same way as standard cookies, but is managed directly by your Flash software.
If you wish to disable or delete information stored locally in Flash, please see the documentation for your Flash software, located at www.adobe.com. Please note that, if you disable Flash cookies, some site functionality may not work.
Third party cookies